Technology Benefits Schools
With the difficulties schools are facing currently, they must change their lesson plans to enable them to be carried out from home rather than the classroom.
Schools have been forced to close due to current concerns to health with coronavirus causing an impact on the UK.
The schools have had to look at their lesson plans and enable them to carry out remotely so students can self isolate whilst ensuring their education is not being affected during the school’s closure.
That’s why we think it is pleasing to see that several education suppliers are actively supporting schools with free resources and tools for the schools who have had to move to remote learning.
- Capture is an excellent parental communications tool, which allows schools to assign homeworking tasks – free to use for schools during the coronavirus crisis
- Twinkl is providing free access to pupils and parents to all their resources for one month. Read more details here…
- Education specialist SMART is providing free access to SMART Learning Suite Online to accommodate remote planning, teaching and learning. Sign up here…
- EdTechImpact is curating a list of companies who are providing free resources to support schools during the outbreak. View their list here…
- Google for Education is providing free upgrades to G-Suite for Education’s productivity apps – including video conferencing systems – for the remainder of the school year. Sign up here
- Kahoot! is giving access to Kahoot! Premium is free to all teachers who are being impacted to the coronavirus outbreak. Access Kahoot Premium Free
- BrainPOP is giving free, unlimited use of their animated movies, assessment resources and creative tools the period of closure. Access here.